Fall has neglected us. I'll be honest and say it's been less hot. It was funny, I went to take Audrey to the dentist today. I'm in my shorts and a t shirt. As we're driving out of the neighborhood I spotted a couple of kids on their way to school with coats on. I don't know if they know that it's hot outside.
A week ago we were doing this (below). I know your jealous! Probably not. I'm sitting here baking pumpkin bread hoping to be more inviting to mother nature so that she'll get the memo.
I don't know if you know.....Fall has a smell. I have such fond memories of living in Utah and riding my bike to my parents house during October. Everyone's house was decorated, smell of Fall was in the air, and the leaves were turning colors. Ahhhh. I'm kind of missing it right now.
I keep on having to remind myself that I don't have to deal with the freezing cold temperatures and the snow, that usually makes me feel better.
Besides....we really enjoyed ourselves in the sprinkler. Well Audrey did. I had an awesome time until I face planted into the grass. Yeah. I thought I was going to be a cool Mom and run and jump on the trampoline, then jump off and keep running (I don't know if I'm making sense). Well it didn't really work out. On the way off the trampoline my foot caught and I ended up with my face in the grass with a sprained toe. Oh yeah. I'm cool now....with a capital C!
The best part. My own daughter just kept right on playing. I turned around as I pulled myself up off of the ground and asked why she didn't ask if I was okay. She shrugged. I told her that she was supposed to come make me feel better like I do for her when she gets hurt. She answered with, "I'm sorry Mom." and kept playing.
Words cannot describe how much I love this munchkin. Her need to be fancy all the time cracks me up. Look at that crown, and in some pictures she has a sparkly bracelet on. She was being Elsa with water powers. Yes, here were in the south we have to settle for water powers. Don't be jealous!




1 comment:
Hahahaha!! Sorry Emily...I'm...um...laughing with you! I've had some of those "cool mom" moments in my life too!
Post a Comment