javascript:void(0)

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Getting Older and Wiser

After blowing out the candles


Earlier this week I went to get my hair cut. Let's just say 80-90 degree weather + pregnancy + thick long hair = a very unhappy person. Afterward, I was headed home on the freeway minding my own business when the person in front of me moves out of my lane. I'm still driving thinking nothing of it, then I see something gleaming on the road in front of me...by that time it's too late. Before I know it I'm hitting a metal ladder going 70 mph. My heart was pounding! I wasn't sure if the car was okay...I didn't even know if I was okay. After calming down and calling Paul I was fine, and the car surprisingly "so far" has nothing wrong with it.
So if your headed out on the freeway make sure to remember to watch out for large random objects. I'm just grateful it wasn't a couch!

This baby is growing. I finally broke down a couple days ago and went pregnancy clothes shopping for my birthday. When I woke up for church last Sunday and tried everything on, and then had to piece something together...I knew it was time. Success, I feel normal again!

For my Birthday Paul and I made breakfast together. He doesn't usually have a lot of time in the mornings so it felt really good to sit down and have breakfast with him.
Breakfast always reminds me of oranges. Have you ever known anyone that doesn't like oranges? I don't know what is involved in the cultivation process to make this deliciousness happen, but I want to know the secret. So now that I have seriously heightened my craving for "Simply Orange" orange juice with extra pulp we will move on.

I had a great birthday yesterday. I spent a day next to the pool by myself, which surprisingly was very relaxing. Paul came home and took me to the greatest burrito place on earth for dinner. Then he made me a carrot cake as per my request...yes he did all of it by himself. I only had to monitor the frosting. Then we watched Tangled. I couldn't be happier, 26 doesn't feel so bad after all!



Very pleased with his cake baking skills



P.S. Thanks to Karl for these awesome candle holders. Our kids are going to love them!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Going 70 mph, I don't know if you would have had time to react--you might have rolled your car if you'd tried to swerve. I imagine it was pretty scary seeing that ladder in your lane. Love the hair! What burrito place did you go to?

Katrina said...

glad your safe, and your hair looks great. I have been so busy I have yet to cut mine..........and good job paul for frosting the cake etc. you've got a good husband :)