javascript:void(0)

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Temple Love

We were invited to a Baptism today and a Sealing.  My cousin's son was being baptized.  I didn't really know Cherie before I moved here.  We found out through family that we don't live too far from each other so we started getting together.  It turns out that we have a lot in common. Quilting sessions and Photo shoots are sure to come in the future.
 I love taking Audrey to Baptisms because I feel like it's a really good experience for her to witness something so special. Instead of Baptized, she says, "Bathtized".  I think it's cute.  Cherie's sons each gave a talk.  I was awed and amazed when Cherie said that she didn't help them write them.  She has some really good kids.  Here's hoping that I can teach Audrey as well as she has taught her children. 


After lunch we headed to the temple.  We were invited to the sealing of a family in our ward.  They have been members of the church for a year and today they went through the temple and were sealed to each other and their daughter.  I felt like it was really important for Paul to go because he and Sidney are really good friends.  I've always wanted to show Audrey the temple, so Paul went to the sealing and I walked around the temple with Audrey.  I tried to teach her as simply as I could about the temple.  She was a little upset that Daddy got to go inside and she couldn't.  She kept telling me that it was her castle.  She danced and sang almost the entire time we were there.  I felt like she knew that it was a special place.  And now she knows what our temple looks like.  



No comments: