javascript:void(0)

Friday, March 27, 2015

Liebster Award and a little bit extra...

So this month has been pretty eventful to say the least.  I wish I could tell you that we went to some hopping vacation spot and had an eventful time, but this was quite opposite.  
I don't know how it happened but Audrey ended up with the worse sickness known to me in my Mothering experience so far.  I had oral surgery on a Friday and the day after that Audrey started puking. She puked until there was nothing left.  And then in the middle of the night while I'm trying to comfort her she's screaming out that she wants milk and applesauce because she's so hungry and between her screams she's dry heaving because there's nothing left.  She couldn't stop and at some point she said, "Mommy, I don't want to puke anymore".  I wished I could take it from her.   This is by no means a plug for essential oils, but she did not stop puking back to back until I rubbed her tummy and her feet down in Digestzen.  I'm sure that mingled with my endless prayers are what finally allowed us to get a couple hours of sleep. That wasn't the end by any means but it got much better after that. Paul had to leave on a business trip Sunday evening.  I was left alone to manage the beast alone. It hung around for several days.  Thankfully Paul and I never got it. Apparently it's going around.  Be prepared!

On a good note.  We've had a great week so far.  We spent some much needed time with our Texas family yesterday and I was surprised to find that I've been nominated for a 
Liebster Award.  A big shout out to Ellie (http://tottoxxx.blogspot.com/)!  Thank you for nominating me.
I would be nominating 11 other bloggers, because that's kind the rule with this thing but I'll be honest and say that I'm not a huge blog reader.  So I'm going to nominate a few that I love to read.  The rules are below.  

The Rules:

♥ Thank and link back to the person(s) who nominated you
♥ Answer their 11 questions the nominee asked
♥ Nominate bloggers with less than 200 followers
♥ Make a list of 11 different questions for your nominees to answer
♥ Notify the bloggers you chose for the award


 1) What's your favorite film?
It's so hard to choose one. It depends on context. 
When I was a little girl I loved to watch the old Rogers and Hammerstein's Cinderella.  I loved "Ever After", The most Recent "Pride and Prejudice", and "Princess Bride".  I love all the comic book movies like Batman, Thor, and Captain America.  I also really liked all the Lord of the Rings movies.  Like I said...too many.  I could go on and on and on.   

2) If you could be someone else for a day would you?
I would have to say no.  I guess I'm just used to being me, and being someone else sounds a little awkward to me.   

3) If you could change something about you that's like, to have a mermaid tail, and not my ugly ears, what would it be?
I guess it depends.  Do I have to make a trade?  I would like to change my eye.  Last year I injured it and it's never been quite the same.  Instead I would love to have pain free mornings and twenty twenty, or maybe eagle vision. Lol.

4)If you had an album what would you name it? 
Life, because that's what inspires me.

5)If you could change your name,what would you change it too?
Helga Gertrude Watson. No.  I probably wouldn't. I think my parents did a pretty good job, although I did always want a a middle name.

6)What makes you smile?
My Daughter, my Husband, a sunny day, seeing Gods hand in my life

7)Where do you want to go in the world?
I would love to go to Italy and Spain. 

8)If you could relive one day in your life what would it be?
Can I choose two?  My wedding day, and the day I had Audrey.  When I think of true happiness, I think of those two days.  Of course there have been many more since then, but those are at the top.  

9) What is your favorite season?
It depends on where I'm living I guess.  I've always been a huge fan of summer, but since moving here I'm more of a Fall person. 

10) Favorite type of hat?
I have a thing for fedora hats, although I don't own one.  

11) Why did you start your blog?
I remember sitting in my Mom's room as a teenager reading her journals.  I couldn't get enough.  It was real experience through my Mothers eyes which is priceless.  I want to give that to Audrey, and I want it for myself.  I think it's good to reflect on past experience, especially the hard times and realize that everything has turned out okay and that we've grown to be better people.  

My Nominations Are:

http://laughmommy.blogspot.com/

http://melissamichiale.blogspot.com/

http://nicki-tyler.blogspot.com/


My Questions for my Nominees are:

What inspires you?

What brings you the most joy?

What is something you have always wanted to do but haven't?

What is your favorite thing to do with family or friends?

What is your favorite dessert?

What is the most spontaneous thing you have ever done?

If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go an why?

What is your favorite flower?

Favorite childhood memory?

What do you do to recover from a long hard day?

Why did you start your blog?

No comments: