javascript:void(0)

Monday, January 8, 2018

Our First Winter at Home

I'm so behind that I'm going to start blazing through these photos.  I was chosen to take candid photos for Audrey's school yearbook which has kept be so busy, along with my new job of substitute teaching.  I teach almost everyday this month and I have to say that I love it.  It's tiring, but so worth it. I feel like I'm busier than I ever have been...but it's a good busy.  
I'm hoping that with this new year I can make some commitments to my blog and get more done.  My journal/picture book has gone by the wayside and I really hate that. So here goes....
It happened.  We had our first snow in Montana and I would have to say it was magical.  I wasn't ready for it the day after Halloween but it was beautiful.  I was once again in awe over another season change.  Audrey made her first snow man away from Grandma's house and then made her very first ever snow angel.  I'm pretty sure it was everything she ever imagined it would be.  I've never heard so many giggles.  I showed her how to roll the balls for the snowman and as a result she wanted to build this one all by herself. She would have preferred to build a snowman a day for the next week and end up with a snow family but there wasn't enough snow.  It all melted away pretty quickly and we didn't see more for almost two more months.  
Poppy thought the snow was a gift from the heavens and it became even better when we started putting food in the snow for her to find.  She thought the carrot nose we put on the snowman was hers for the taking.  Audrey wasn't very happy that she had to keep saving the snowman from being nose-less.  It didn't help that it was the last carrot in the house. :)
I've come to realize that cold isn't so bad as long as you have a few things.  Paul bought an outdoor fire pit and with it I can handle endless snowman building as long as I can take a break here and there to warm myself by the fire.  Boots are a significant upgrade to shoes and wearing thermals might save your bacon when it's below freezing.  A hat, gloves, and wool socks are almost as good as wearing another coat and having a garage is very nice.  Winter isn't so bad in my book.  I might feel differently in a few years when the excitement has worn off, but for now I'm sticking with liking it.













No comments: