javascript:void(0)

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Audrey's Birthday

Audrey turned FOUR!  When did I get old enough to have a four year old?  She's going to school next year and I'm having a hard time even thinking about that.  This Mom wants to stay as far away from five as possible.  
Audrey wanted a Rapunzel birthday this year.  I love throwing her parties because it gives me an excuse to take a bunch of pictures of cute kids. :)  
Audrey's favorite Rapunzel song is the one she sings up in her tower about the things she does.  So for her party we did the things Rapunzel sings about.  We painted on canvases, and we decorated cupcakes. I made hair out of yarn that were pretty awesome if I do say so myself, and the girls decorated the hair with flowers, while the boys played with light up swords.  Then we took pictures of each of Audrey's friends, we ate cupcakes, and we sang Happy Birthday.  I think she really enjoyed it, especially the dressing up part.  She would look like this everyday if I would let her.  She loves pretending to be a princess.  
I can't believe my baby is growing up.  I love her.  

Things I want to remember about her at four:

She loves to sing and she doesn't care whose listening.  We'll be walking through the store and she'll belt out Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off".  I've only played it once and she already knows most the words, and the words she doesn't know she makes up for with loud made up words of her own.  

She still calls Bubba the bear her best friend.  Recently we had an incident where he was left in a hotel room.  I called frantically trying to find him and luckily they found him and shipped him back to us.  But I'm pretty sure Audrey felt like she had lost a family member until he arrived.  

She currently has an obsession with plastic swords and she's always bring them to me as asking, "Mom, you want to fight?".  It sounds so weird coming out of a four year old's mouth.

She loves painting.  Any time there is a opportunity she jumps at the chance.  We already started painting pumpkins for  Halloween.  

She says "What?" all the time.  She usually says it in the place of "seriously?"  It's hard to explain but I think it's hilarious.  I may be to blame. :)  Example:  "Daddy went to work?  WHAT?"  It it sounds so stupid in text but I'm laughing right now.  

She loves talking in different voices for her animals and barbies.  My favorite by far is Bubba's voice.  

She loves to be outside.  I feel bad because it's SO hot.  We don't usually spend a lot of time outside in the summer other than swimming, but she doesn't care how hot it is, she loves it!

Yesterday we went to the park and she found this random little girl and started talking and playing with her. She ran over to me a little while later and said, "Mom, I think she's my friend.  She knows my name."  I love watching her grow and learn things like making friends on her own.  

She started praying daily for a little brother or sister.  Hoping that happens soon.  

She's so sweet.  She will often ask me in the morning to snuggle her.  She'll randomly come up to me all the time and tell me that she loves me so much.  Every night when we say prayer together she will sit on my knees and she won't start praying until my arms are around her.  

She's pretty much the best thing that has ever happened to us!

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!  We love you more than you will ever know.  

Birthday interview and singing videos to come...



















No comments: