javascript:void(0)

Friday, October 9, 2015

September Trip to Utah

I can't believe I didn't get any pictures of my sister's wedding.  I'm killing myself.  I realized when we got to the temple that I didn't have a camera and then at the reception I was singing so I didn't take the time to photograph any of it.  I was hoping to steal images from my sisters.  Hopefully someday soon.  I'm so happy that I could be there.  Tamara was a beautiful bride.  As I watched both her and Chase with tears in their eyes as they tied the knot I couldn't help but get a little misty eyed myself. Afterward as Kimberly (her twin) went up to hug them both I might have overflowed with tears knowing that they have been through so much together and they have grown up to be such beautiful girls inside and out.  I'm so proud of Tamara and that she found an equally amazing guy to be with her forever.  
So here's the sad story.  When I got home Paul put my camera card into the computer.  I thought that he had unloaded the pictures onto our computer but he hadn't.  A few days later I pulled my card out of the computer and deleted everything from it just like I always do.  I was devastated when I realized that I had lost everything from my trip to Utah, especially the sweet day Audrey and I spent with my parents.  I scrambled on the computer to find some sort of software to bring back the pictures that were gone.  I found one that would restore all the images including the raw but it was going to cost me 40$.  Yikes!  So I found a free software that was able to restore just the JPEGs which are not super awesome, but the fact that I got the pictures back meant everything to me.  
After the wedding we all took much needed time to relax and enjoy each others  company.  The kids played. We had a lazy Sunday with delicious food.  I love being at my Mom's house on Sunday.  

I spent a few afternoons and evenings with Paul's family.  Pretty much every time we got together Audrey wanted to sit on the couch and have Grandpa or Anna read to her the entire time.  She loves to have them read to her.  I love that she loves to read.  They were so sweet to indulge her, despite Grandpa being so tired that he fell asleep once....he just kept going.  I also got to go to a concert with the adults in the Kendall Family and the Storytelling festival.  They were both really good.  I owe it to Nicole to get me out of my old woman comfort zone.  She begged me to get up with her and dance at the concert.  I caved, and thoroughly enjoyed myself dancing with Grant and Nicole. They are pretty awesome.    






My sisters had the awesome idea of building a box village.  It was fun to watch the kids get so excited about their houses.  Audrey claimed a house that was supposed to be Leo's.  It was a small box with a door and a window.  She loved being in there and was content to just be by herself.  
Kimberly rented us a puppy the next day that we played with for a couple hours before having to sadly give him back.  
(video below)


















 Jenn had her baby while I was there!  I haven't been there for many special events and I'm glad I was there for this one.  It was sweet to get to see this little miracle come into Jennifer and Derrick's lives.  Her story is so beautiful. I hope she someday realizes how many prayers she has answered.  Happy 
Birthday little Margaret!  





I got to spent an afternoon at my Mom's work baking chocolate, chocolate chip cookies with pecans...they were delicious.  Audrey enjoyed playing with kitchen gadgets that we ended out buying because you can't leave that place without getting something.  
 Then Mom took an extra afternoon off to spend with us.  We went to Bridle Veil Falls. When we got there we put our toes into the water.  It was COLD, REALLY COLD!  At one point Audrey and I bravely ventured out to the middle of the pond to get a picture.  Audrey got used to it a lot faster than I did because she was in it for quite a while.  At one point she decided to get a little braver and stood on this little rock, and immediately fell into the water soaking her bottom half.  The shock on her face from the cold was evident.  She wanted to go home immediately, until Dad mentioned feeding the fish and then she didn't want to leave. I watched as my parents fed the fish with Audrey and I was so grateful for this time with them, for me and for Audrey.













No comments: