javascript:void(0)

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Moving

We're moving.  If I think about it too much right now I might cry.  I'm leaving behind so many good friends and of course family.  I have truly loved Texas with all of my heart.  It has taught me so much and I'm not sure I'm ready to let it go.  It has become home.  If this isn't home...I'm not sure where home is.  I'm excited about this new chapter in our lives but I know it's going to bring a lot of change and starting over for all of us...which is never easy. It's a good thing that I have Paul and Audrey.  I'm not sure I would feel at home anywhere without them. 
I wanted to thoroughly document our life here and this home.  I'm going to miss it so much!  I thought about taking pictures in every room of the house before we leave.  It was going to be my picture project before we leave.  I hope I have time.  There are so many loose ends to wrap up before moving, along with teaching a choir class and being my community photographer.  You tell everyone you're moving and suddenly everyone wants a family photo session. I've really enjoyed learning so much but it has been a little overwhelming.
  So here's our backyard.  It's not much but we've spent countless hours out here enjoying the sun, running in the sprinklers, star gazing (in the winter you can see the entire Orion constellation, which is currently Audrey's favorite).  We've chased poppy around, picked lemons and drank lemonade, played soccer, chased each other, watched clouds, made mini fires, bird watched, and slid down this small slide countless times.  It's been our space and home.  I'll miss the memories it holds.  The only thing I won't miss is the weed we call grass here. :) 









1 comment:

Lisa said...

Good job blogging!