javascript:void(0)

Monday, September 11, 2017

Family Reunion

Reunions are the best, especially when you can come together in a place like this.  Sometimes I look around at all of us and I think...how did this happen?  I still remember Michael, Phillip, and myself hog tying each other.  I remember playing baseball and football out back, switching chores with my brothers because I hating vacuuming the stairs, riding on the backs of dirt bikes out in the orchard, playing in the irrigation ditches, and walking to the fruit stand for surprise bags or penny candy.  I remember rollerblading for hours, eating unripened apples off of the nearby orchard trees, planting flowers with Mom, watching movies with the whole family, singing karaoke, and snowball fights.  I remember riding our go-cart and using a stick as a brake, declaring many bum wars on the trampoline, and playing volleyball as a family.  I could go on and on and on.  
Now we are all grown up and married.  It's kind of crazy.  I don't know if anyone else feels this way but sometimes I feel like I'm playing house.  Some times I feel like I'm not really a Mom and I'm not really married...I'm just playing a really fun game.  
Now that the wrinkles are showing I have finally come to realize that this is all for real and I try not to blink because I don't want to miss a thing.  I miss these people so much when I'm away and when we get together it's just like old times.  Watching my siblings kids grow and watching them grow as parents and individuals is one of the most beautiful things.  I have sisters that just seem to sense when to call and what to say when they do.  I have brothers that face time on Sunday's and show up out of the blue to give me much needed love and laughter.  
My parents should be thanked a thousand times over because they did an amazing job as parents.  The funny thing to me is that I feel like I need them more and more the older I get.  I don't know a thing about this adult stuff and sometimes it can get pretty daunting.  It's a good thing I have them and a whole lot of brothers and sisters when I need someone to talk to.  
I love coming together for reunions.  I love trying to get my nieces and nephews to love me.  I don't live close so it's a harder task than it may seem.  I love riding horses with the kids and fishing with Audrey.  I love coming together for meals and games at night.  I love siting around talking about our day to day, shooting guns, paddle boarding down the river, and watching people swim in the pond...maybe next year I'll brave the water.  
Mostly I just love this family of mine and I wish it could have lasted longer.  Next time I hope to get more pictures of the adults doing things.  I'm inclined to take pictures of kids because it's so easy, but I'd like to preserve more memories of my siblings and their spouses being together.  
This year we missed Phillip and Dad.  They were working, but I was so so happy that I got to pick Dad up from the airport and have dinner with him.  It was good to see him if only for a little while. Until next time....I love all of you!  

































No comments: