javascript:void(0)

Sunday, September 24, 2017

What do you wish with a bump on your head?

Someone turned 6.  I think this was the hardest month of my year.  Having Audrey's birthday and having her start school in the same week was a little difficult for me.  I was battling a lot emotionally and I didn't want her to know.  I wanted her to be brave and excited to go to school.  I didn't want my uncertainty to be hers.  I also wanted her birthday to be special even though it was a busy week for us both.  I had this grand party planned and I started to get really overwhelmed with pulling it all off.  I feel like I was trying to keep myself busy in effort to keep my mind off of the impending changes in my life.  Lisa came to my rescue and gave me some simple ideas and I'm grateful I listened.  
Her birthday was on Friday...the second day of school.  She came out of school and I had balloons for her. Then we came home and I had cupcakes waiting and decorations hung.  I thought it was so cute when she did a little happy dance when she walked in the door.  She loves birthdays...it doesn't matter who's it is. Any excuse to decorate and have cupcakes. :)  After dinner we sat down and she opened up her gifts.  I loved watching her excitement over the smallest things.  Her favorite were the pens.  There hasn't been a day since her birthday that she hasn't pulled them out.  Her favorite thing is to draw, write, and make books.  She has made more than I can count.  I'll eventually have to take pictures of them all and make a book of her books.  
I love that she loves something that keeps her learning.  Sometimes I have thoughts of her being a great writer, other times a singer, and sometimes an artist.  I really don't mind what she chooses, I just love watching her explore all the things that she loves.  
The next day we threw her a friend party.  It was simple like I mentioned.  I let them make their own cupcakes from a box and then they got to decorate them.  We sang the very merry un-birthday song and  had a tea party with their cupcakes.  We also pinned the smile on the Cheshire cat and opened gifts.  I had so much more planned but it was nice to simplify.  As it was I was running around like crazy.  I was lucky that Audrey had made what she considered a really good friend after being at school for two days.  She loved him so much that she insisted that she invite him to her party.  I was apprehensive, but I gave her an invitation to give him along with a note from me.  I didn't want his Mom to feel like she had to bring him.  After all, she knew nothing about me.  To my surprise she called me and said she would love to bring him.  Audrey was so excited.  Lily arrived with her son and asked if she could stay.  I was more than willing to let her.  I would have wanted the same thing. 
She knew nothing about me but helped me the entire time.  I don't know what I would have done without her.  Since then we've become friends and I owe it all to Audrey.  
The party was a success and one Audrey will remember for a while I'm sure.
I can't even begin to tell you how much I love this girl.  I find myself missing her while she's at school, but I love that she's growing in new ways.  It helps that she's not shy about telling me every detail about her day.  Happy Birthday little one!  I can't believe you're one more year older.    






 




 







No comments: