We had a few rainy days here. It's hard to want to send a Dog out in the mud to go potty and then let her back in the house without washing her paws...so that's exactly what I did. I think she really likes the rain because she kept wanting to go out for no reason. Lots of mud!
While we waited for the clouds to pass we built a house out of popsicle sticks.
It seems since I got here that a lot of women have commented on Audrey's big personality. At first I didn't understand. I'm with her all day and I guess she's a lot like me because the only thing I recognize as being different from other kids is that she has a really big imagination and she is so expressive with her face. See below and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.
I hope that she keeps being herself for a long time. I feel like at a certain age you become less comfortable with who you are and you start becoming what you think everyone else likes. I feel like I still smash myself into that box all the time. I hope that when she heads off to school she is comfortable and confident with who she is. She should never think she's less of a person because she's not like everyone else.
I know that her imagination won't last forever....unless she becomes a writer, but for now I'm enjoying every bit of imagination I can get. She's a fairy one day and a pirate the next. Somehow she knows that her stuffed animals come alive at night to go on adventures and protect her while she's sleeping. She has gone on many adventures by herself inside her closet and has a lot to say every time she comes out. (If you haven't read the children's series "Skippyjon Jones" you should. She only has one and I think I've read it a thousand times.)
I'm going to be sad when these days end. School is going to be very hard for me.











No comments:
Post a Comment