We were so glad to have Rod and Anne here. Audrey wants to do nothing but play with them and be with them from sun up to sun down. Paul and his Dad are just content to work on projects together. I'm pretty sure that the thing they love more than anything is probably just being together. I keep telling Paul that if he doesn't stop doing projects with his Dad while he's here then they will eventually stop coming back. Too much working and not enough relaxing can't be a good thing, but I've come to realize that Paul is not very good at relaxing. :) Why relax when there's so much work we could be doing? Even though I'm constantly trying to get him to take a break, I do admire his drive to get things done and work hard.
We did take some breaks. We went to the pictograph caves. I've been meaning to go ever since I moved here but I was waiting for a time when we could do it as a family. I was a little disappointed to see that most of the drawings have worn away over time, but we still had a really good time being together. After going to the caves we ate lunch on a picnic table in the park and went to Costco for ice cream and groceries. Watching Audrey with her grandparents makes me so happy. I love that she has four really amazing examples to follow and other people aside from Paul and I that will love her unconditionally. She is so lucky! Living away from home has made me realize over and over how rare it is to have a completely family let alone a completely family that came from more sets of complete families. I will be forever grateful for my parents, grandparents, and even great grandparents. What a legacy they have left!




















No comments:
Post a Comment