javascript:void(0)

Sunday, July 16, 2017

The 4th of July

One of my favorites.  I love this time of year.  There's something about BBQ's, snow cones, the blazing hot sun, potato salad, fireworks, Summer fairs, and walking though the lawn.  It's been a long time since I've set foot on a nice Kentucky blue grass.  It's the small things. :)  I love you Texas, but you don't rate very high on the good grass scale. 
We had a really good holiday.  Paul and Rod finished the shed in the morning.  Then we headed out to see the parade.  I was giggling because you could tell it was a small town parade.  No floats...just trailers, emergency vehicles, and companies advertising, not even one marching band.  I did marching band...every town should have a marching band!  It's a right of passage.  All in all it was pretty great getting to know our new town a little better, supporting the locals, and getting a whole lot of free candy.  I felt like Audrey had gone trick or treating when it was all over.  I couldn't leave without taking a little walk through the town fair.  I love looking at all of the stuff people come to sell.  I never usually buy anything but I love looking.  I left wanting to take up the hobby of making pendant necklaces.  Maybe I'll take it up around December just long enough to make gifts and then give it up.  I already have enough hobbies to keep me busy.  
When we got home we had a delicious BBQ and then we set out to find some fireworks.  In Texas you can buy big fireworks.  In Montana you can buy small fireworks but you can't set them off in city limits.  We panicked because we bought all these fireworks and then found out we couldn't set them off.  Luckily I found a friend who also moved here from Texas who lives outside of city limits!  They were so nice to share their street with us.  We enjoyed the rest of the night watching fireworks with friends and family.  As it started to get a little chilly toward the evening it made me feel like I was back in Utah again on the 4th of July.  It was a pretty great end to a pretty great day.  Thanks for sharing it with us Rod and Anne!     
 







No comments: