We came to Seattle with the intent to come to this museum. On the website it looked no bigger than Hill Air Force Base but in person it was so much bigger. It was almost a combination of the space museum in Houston and Hill Air Force Base in Utah. Paul enjoyed every minute of it. I love when something brings him so much joy that he lights up. That was the case here. Audrey wanted to go through Air Force One a dozen times but we didn't have enough time. I was amazed by how far we have come in the world of flight. I was also in awe over the size of the new Boeing Jet pictured below toward the end with Paul and Audrey standing in front of it. At first glace it doesn't seem so big until you see the windows that seem tiny in comparison to the size of the plane. Walking through it I could hardly believe that something like that could fly.
It made me so grateful for the ability I've had to visit family in such short trips over the last 8 years. I don't know what I would have done without the airplane. I'm not sure I could have lived away from family.
As I walked through looking at the planes they used in wars past my gratitude was renewed for this country and for so many people who died fighting to protect the freedom we have here. They selflessly sacrificed the thing I hold the most dear which is time with my family. We are in great debt to them. I just hope that I can teach Audrey to respect those who have gone before her and those who have sacrificed for her well being. I hope that these men and women are never forgotten. I'm so grateful that I haven't known a time of great war where my brothers, dad, husband were drafted. I hope to never know a time like that.








































No comments:
Post a Comment